How do you update the new Chromium based Microsoft Edge and make sure that you are using the latest version of the browser? Let me explain!
Here is how to check if there is an update available for Edge
- Click the settings icon (three dots) on the top right corner of Edge.
- Choose “Help and Feedback” and then choose “About Microsoft Edge“. The edge://settings/help page is displayed.
- Now, Edge will connect to the internet and check for updates.
- If there is an update available, Edge will now download this.
- When the download is complete, click “Restart” to restart Edge and start using the new version.
Note: You can open the help page directly by entering edge://settings/help into the address bar.
If Edge automatically downloads an update in the background, it will ask you to restart the browser so that the new changes will be applied.